His Excellency Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa
Zayed Al Nahyan
- Member of the Executive Council
- Born in 1965 in Al Ain, Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Obtained the Bachelor's degree(B.Sc.) from the
Department of Political and Administrative Sciences,
Emirates University for the academic year 1984-1985.
Studied Diplomacy and
Law at Fletcher College for Diplomatic and Legal Sciences,
Graduated from Zayed
bin Sultan Military College Al Ain in March, 1988.
- Graduated from Sand Hurst Royal Military Academy in
Britain in 1989.
- Obtained the Master's Degree in Political Science from
the University of Salford, Britain, in July, 1989.
- Obtained Fellowship from the College of National Defense
Nasser Higher Military Academy in the Arab Republic of
Egypt in 1996.
- Won the Rashid Prize for Academic Excellence in November
1996, for his thesis on the Geopolitics of UAE.
- Received Doctorate (Ph.D.) in International Studies
from The University of Limerick, Ireland, in November,
- Received Doctorate (Ph.D.) from Nasser Higher Military
Academy in the Arab Republic of Egypt in April 1999 for
his thesis entitled "The National Security of the United
Arab Emirates in the Light of Regional and Global Changes."
- Attained the rank of Lt. Colonel Staff (P.S.C.) pilot
in 1999. Won the Rashid Prize for Academic Excellence
in November, 1999 for receiving Doctorate from the University
- Got the Rank of Colonel Staff (P.S.C.) in February,
OTHER POSITIONS HELD BY
HIS EXCELLENCY DR. SH. SULTAN BIN KHALIFA BIN ZAYED AL NAHYAN
- Honorary Chairman of Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and
Industry from 04.06.1991.
- Honorary Chairman of the International Union for Maritime
Sports for Asia and the Middle East Region from 03.04.93.
Chairman of Abu Dhabi International Club for Maritime
Sports from 28.09.93.
In addition to scientific and cultural contributions,H.H.
Dr. Sh. Sultan bin Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan participates
in equestrian sports and breeds Purebred Arabian horses.
He is also involved in falconry.
P.O. Box: 3234, Abu Dhabi, UAE